Tuesday, June 29, 2010

아무 말 말고 그대로 멈춰라*

* = don't say anything, stop right there (ah-moo-mal-mal-go geu-dae-ro  mom-chuh-rah); from my favorite song this week.

Today's theme: successes & failures.  In pictures!


1) Saw my beautiful Jeong-ah Unni and spent a wonderful afternoon with her.  Also, she finally helped me to procure (now that I have my bank account, thanks to Jung Min Unni) a real-person cell phone.  For about $75, it is easily the most tricked out phone I've ever owned, complete with a dictionary, map of the subway, and video calling, among other things.  Success.

 Goodbye jankified Motorola, hello gorgeous (PINK) Samsung (and thank you to Jeong-ah Unni for the help & the new phone charm!).

2) Saw Hayeon and spent a typically hilarious day with her.  We ate beef & bacon kimbap at School Food (a tramped-up Korean fast food joint), which was surprisingly tasty, and watched a couple of models from a nearby agency share approximately 1.5 dishes between five people.  Success.

3) Post-lunch, we spent about an hour wandering the streets of Apgujeong looking for a Paris Croissant that no longer exists.  At least it was funny.  Success and Fail.

This sign (from the School Food branch in Apgujeong) is pretty much a fail.

3) I did laundry in my apartment (after calling Hayeon and having her explain what every single button on my machine meant) and nothing appears shredded, discolored, or unreasonably shrunken.  It smells like the fabric softener, too, so that must mean that I at least put the fabric softener in the right slot.  Success.

4) Due to seasonable humidity, laundry takes about 3 days to dry and my already rinky-dinky apartment now looks like this. Fail.

I guess I don't need to walk here.

Forthcoming: midterms, Jihye Unni, Light Fellow Light Site visit, and god-willing some 노래방, or Korean karaoke

Quoted: "Willful to make my days meaningful." - a very smart 한정민 언니

1 comment:

  1. You have blog background A.D.D. - but I like this one. also, love this song.

    ReplyDelete